Welcome to North Park! The items listed below will help guide you through your transition. The list is laid out step-by-step; you can start at the top as soon as you receive your acceptance letter, and some items must be completed before others can be started. Don’t hesitate to talk to your recruiter if anything is confusing or you need more information about a step.
The first thing we recommend doing is meet your future classmates through an exclusive Facebook group for newly admitted students. This group is a great place for you to learn more about the North Park experience, ask questions about the steps outlined below, and make some new friends before you even get to campus. Be sure to share your excitement about coming to North Park and use the hashtag #NewNorthParkers to connect with other students!
Join the Facebook group for:
This is the most important thing you need to do after you’re admitted to North Park University. Your network account is automatically created after you’re accepted, but you must confirm its activation so you can pay your tuition and housing deposits, register for classes, and access other campus resources.
To activate your account, have your new student ID number handy and head over to our .
(Your student ID number is located on your acceptance letter and sent to you via email shortly after you are accepted to the University.)
一道本不卡免费高清Your $200 tuition deposit confirms your intention to enroll at North Park University and it is a credit toward you first semester bill. You can pay this deposit by credit card online.
Tuition desposits are refundable until:
- May 1: Fall Semester
- December 15: Spring Semester
After you have paid your tuition deposit, you are eligible to register for classes. Beginning in mid-April (for the fall semester) or early November (for the spring), registration information will be sent to your North Park email as soon as registration opens. Contact your recruiter for more information about registration.
As an international student, you can expect:
- Be registered for full-time courses (between 12-17 credit hours)
- Your schedule will include both major courses and core curriculum courses (courses not associated with your major but required for all students, i.e. Intro to Bible, Global History, Physical and Life Science, etc.)
- If you are a transfer student, you should have received your . Please review your evaluation carefully and contact your admissions counselor with questions. For help understanding the evaluation, click HERE.
- There will be a designated time during Threshold for you to meet with an advisor to make schedule changes as necessary.
We are excited to have you join the North Park community. We need to know if you plan to live on campus or if you are an eligible commuter student. Review the guidelines and then select and complete either the online housing deposit and application or the commuter application. You can submit the housing deposit as early as you wish, but the application may not be available until later in the spring (for Fall admission) and you will not receive a housing assignment until after you register for classes.
一道本不卡免费高清You are eligible to apply for on-campus housing only after you have been accepted and at least 24 hours after you have paid your tuition deposit. To apply:
- Pay your $250 housing deposit. (F1 Visa Holders Only)
- After you have paid your housing deposit, housing information and instructions are sent to deposited students beginning in February (for fall semester) and October (for spring semester).
- You will receive an on-campus housing assignment after you have registered for your first-semester courses.
一道本不卡免费高清This housing deposit is held the whole time you are a student at North Park University and returned to you when you graduate. The deposit amount you receive back when you graduate may be less than $250 if any damage fees were assessed to campus housing in which you live.
一道本不卡免费高清Your housing deposit will be refunded to you if you cancel North Park housing before May 1 (for fall semester) or December 8 (for spring semester)
If you plan on commuting, you must complete the commuter application. You will be eligible to commute from off-campus if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are commuting from a primary residence within 40 miles of campus where you live with a parent or legal guardian
- You have senior status (90 or more credit hours)
- You are at least 21 years old on September 1 of the current academic year
- You are married
If one of these applies to you and you wish to commute to the University, please complete the online application.
If you have received your I-20 or DS-2019 and it is marked initial attendance (I-20) or begin new program (DS-2019), you can begin the visa process. If you have not yet received an I-20 or DS-2019, please contact the international recruiter.
Step 1: Pay you the SEVIS Fee (Form I-901) by clicking
- Your SEVIS ID will be printed on your I-20 or DS-2019 and begins with “N”
- Print a copy of your online receipt to have with you during your interview and for when you travel to the United States
Step 2: Apply for an F or J visa by clicking
- Schedule your interview by visiting the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website for your country of residence. You can view wait times by clicking
一道本不卡免费高清Prepare and bring to your visa interview the following:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months after your intended period of stay
- Form I-20 or DS-2019 signed in blue ink
- Acceptance letter
- DS-160 & I-901 receipts
- Proof of funding (updated bank statements)
- Be prepared to discuss WHY you are choosing to come to North Park
- Proof that you will return to your home country following the degree program
- Remain calm and answer honestly and openly
J-1 Visa Holders一道本不卡免费高清: The U.S. Department of State requires all J-1 visa holders to have adequate health insurance during their stay in the United States. Due to this requirement, North Park will automatically bill and enroll all J-1 visa holders in the North Park sponsored health insurance policy. You will have an opportunity to apply for a waiver if you have proof of insurance that meets the minimum standards set by the U.S. Department of State which are:
Type of Coverage Federal Minimum Required Insurance Coverage
Medical Benefits $100,000
一道本不卡免费高清Repatriation of Remains $25,000
Medical Evacuation $50,000
一道本不卡免费高清Deductible per accident or illness $500
F-1 Visa Holders: It is strongly encouraged that you purchase the health insurance policy offered by North Park, however, you are also able to request a waiver if you have proof of adequate health insurance that meets the minimums listed above.
North Park mails your first fall semester bill around July 1, and sends spring semester bills in early December. Students must pay their bills in full, or have an approved payment plan in place with Student Administrative Services, by the published deadline.
You cannot register for your second semester of classes until your first semester bill is settled (either paid in full or current in an approved payment plan). You can view and make payments on your bill online through (use your North Park network account to log in).
Immunization and Medical Information: After you have paid your tuition deposit, you’ll receive an immunization record form一道本不卡免费高清 that you must complete and return to the University. This is due each year by July 15 (for the fall semester) or December 15 (for the spring). If you are participating on one of our intercollegiate athletic teams, please complete the .
一道本不卡免费高清If immunizations are not up-to-date upon arrival, you will be responsible to get the necessary vaccinations. Vaccinations in the United States can be expensive if your health insurance does not cover the cost.
North Park University is committed to creating a safe and nurturing community for all students. Take a moment to explore the may resources we make available to our students, from a nighttime shuttle service to a safety app for your smartphone. Both of these initiatives—and more—are part of our Safe Community initiatives.
Prior to each fall semester, we also provide two online programs with important information to keep you safe and healthy at North Park University. More information about these programs, AlcoholEdu for College and Haven—Understanding Sexual Assault, will be sent in the spring and summer. In the meantime, you can learn a little more.
All members of North Park’s community have rights and responsibilities. Make sure you know what is expected of you as a student—you’ll be held accountable to the standards laid out in the Student Handbook and University Catalog. Learn more.
一道本不卡免费高清During International Orientation, we will be running trips to a local department store for you to purchase necessities that are too large to pack. You will need the following but we recommend purchasing after you’ve arrived:
- Bedding (blanket, sheet, pillow)
- Toiletries (including towel and washcloth)
- Warm clothes (this is The Windy City, after all)
For more information on what to bring, visit our Residence Life and Housing page.
Traveling to Chicago
一道本不卡免费高清North Park offers complimentary airport shuttle service on International Arrival Day. The pickups are only made on the designated day and for students arriving at O’Hare International Airport (ORD).
Prior to boarding your flight, please make sure you have with you in your carry-on luggage the following:
- Form I-20 or DS-2019 (exchange students)
- Acceptance letter
- DS-160 and I-901 receipts
- Contact information for your admissions counselor
When to Arrive
International students coming to the U.S. for the first time are allowed entrance no sooner than 30 days prior to the program start date on your I-20 or DS-2019. Please do not plan to arrive any sooner otherwise you may be denied entrance to the U.S.
International Arrival Day for all new international students will be Tuesday prior to the start of classes. You will be able to check-in to the university and move into your dormitory on that day. Please plan to arrive into Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) no later than 16.00. North Park will pick you up from the airport, so please submit your flight information by clicking .
一道本不卡免费高清If you are an athlete participating in a fall sport, please contact your coach for specific arrival dates and times.
If you arrive in Chicago prior to the designated arrival day, you will be responsible for arranging your own accommodations and transportation to campus.